Friday, September 12, 2008

Exercise II









I've been sketching a lot in the last week, trying to refine my ideas. These are some of my thoughts. And with these drawings I was able to form a 'shape' for my ideas in which to reside in. My concept model is a bit like a massing model. But it does represent some of my thoughts such as letting light into the building and how the building relates to the 'outside'.

These have led to the development of my plans which I've drawn almost like parti diagrams showing the 'lightness' of the walls. Additionally the sections show how the building is stacked upon each later - which will be further explored in developing weeks. I've also considered the construction of the building, looking mainly at the roofing and the concrete structure.


Hopefully, by next week there will be more to look at. But so far, I'll be looking at more of the work by Morphosis, and Zaha Hadid's Contemporary Art Centre for more ideas.

No comments: