Thursday, August 28, 2008

Exercise 2; Part I Submission

The project looked to explore possibilities for our design by looking at a range of different cross sections.

For my cross sections, I looked at an architect whose work I've always admired - Tadao Ando and his Koshino House. One aspect of his designs that I've liked is that he uses a lot of natural light in his design consideration and that he builds into the landscape rather than disturb it. I think it's very interesting to explore within my own design. The cross-section I choose very clearly shows these two ideas.

My second building is a cleverly designed glazed residential building. The simple cross-section shows two boxes stacked on top of each other with obvious indications to it's "heaviness". The buildings arrangement is also obviously considered.

My last example is more of a landscape example. It's a garden - Le Jardin Atlantique, situated above Pasteur Station. Below the garden is carparking as well as access for vehicles. I chose this example because I was very interested in how they designed the space to incorporate into the landscape and become part of the community.

In my initial 1:100 and 1:50 drawings, I looked at the shape of the building and how it will be "grounded" into the site.
I chose to look at the Southern elevation "edge". I drew this edge at 1:20 looking at the interior and exterior spaces.


No comments: