Sunday, August 24, 2008

ARCH1202 - Coogee Beach Community Centre

To initiate our design for the Coogee Beach Community Centre, we started with a four week site analysis in which we explored five concepts of architecture and it's landscape:
  • Reciprocity;
  • Infrastructure;
  • Threshold;
  • Materiality; and
  • Insertion
These concepts will inform our design.

In my presentation of my site analysis, I was more concerned with the relationship between the landscape and the oval, or rather, the contextual influence on the site and it's future design. I was interested in a design that communicates a sense of purpose and community within this prominent area of the physical and communal landscape.

I drew upon some of these words to create my own:


Using these words, I drew up my presentation boards.


I molded a simple concept model, however I think that so much has changed over the last week, it hardly becomes relevant anymore. So, due to it's seemingly unimportance, I've decided not to include it as part of this post.

No comments: